Thursday, June 16, 2011

Must Love Dogs: June Counterfeit Kit

I finally broke into my June Counterfeit Kit this Tuesday.  I was going to a friend's house to scrap, and I knew I wasn't going to have a lot of time to complete many pages.  So I just grabbed my tools, my counterfeit kit, and a few pictures and I was good to go.  I didn't plan out any pages in advance, but I did try and select photos that would go with the feel and colors of the kit.  In the end, I didn't get a lot done (our 2 hour lunch break cut into actual scrapping time!) but I'm happy with the results.

Here's one of the layouts I completed:


The pictures are of my niece Elena with her two dogs.  I based this layout on one by Sheri Reguly in the spring issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today. I like how it focuses on the pictures and patterned paper and uses minimal embellishments.

I cut the butterflies from the patterned paper, adhered them with pop dots, added a bit of liquid pearls, and called it done!

Click here to see my complete kit.
Click here to visit the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

Thanks for visiting! Come back later this week to see some of the other pages I made with the kit.

10 comments:

  1. I agree with Rinda - those butterflies are very sweet - the liquid pearls really add that special touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, and the butterflies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet photos! The butterflies are so pretty - very nice layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page! The photos are adorable, and the design is great, love that row of butterflies. Love the pink too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute page - love the row of butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable photos! I like the row of butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your row of butterflies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title is perfect! I love the row of butterflies!

    ReplyDelete