Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Converts?

Two weeks ago I introduced some friends from my local Newcomers Club to the art of scrapbooking.  I have lots of "virtual" scrapbooking friends that I connect with online, but very few local women that I can crop with on a regular basis, so I decided to take matters into my own hands.  I set up a Scrapbooking 101 class at my local scrapbook store (the fabulous Scrapbook Clubhouse in Westbrook, CT) and invited any interested crafters from the Newcomers Club to join me.  We had a nice turnout of seven women.  Some had lots of scrapbooking supplies, but had never made a page before, others were more "seasoned" scrapbookers. The store's manager Tracie led us through a basic one page LO, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  A few of the newbies even bought some tools so they could continue at home, and a few others signed up for an upcoming crop. Victory is mine!

Here's the crew!

Billie shows of her finished product:

Bettie and Linda proudly display their creations:

No comments:

Post a Comment