Friday, September 3, 2010

Use Your Stash!

I recently signed up for May Flaum's "Use Your Stash" class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking.  It officially started yesterday, and so far I am loving it! There are no set assignments, just lots of inspiration and encouragement to use all that product I've been collecting/hoarding.  I like that May uses 4x6 photos only, with some occasional cropping...I very rarely print out 5x7 or 8x10, and I have lots of 4x6 pics in my storage binders waiting to be scrapped.  I whipped together this LO last night:


The challenge was to use a neutral background, arrange your pictures, and embellish with items from your stash.  I took longer than necessary to select the patterned paper, but I finally settled on some BoBunny paper from last year. I had already used it on another layout, so this one was made from all scraps. I'm also trying to use up my plain chipboard, so I found some really old Making Memories flowers to use, and painted them blue and green to match the patterned paper. Topped them off with some glittery buttons, added my journaling, and I was done! The pictures are of me and some of my students from commencement last May...finished just in time to start the new school year on Tuesday!

In other news, this morning I woke up to find some happy mail in my inbox...I won a free Ella Publishing book over at Celeste Smith's blog! Yay! It should come in handy for making layouts abouy my nieces.

3 comments:

  1. I love your neutral background and the way you dressed it up! Congrats on winning the free Ella book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca!! Did you see this? You won something else!! http://bigpicturescrapbooking.typepad.com/scrap_big/2010/09/first-day-friday-for-september-3rd.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sue, I hadn't seen this! Wow, I think I better go buy a lottery ticket!

    ReplyDelete