Monday, January 10, 2011

December Daily: Covers and Title Page

This year I decided to attempt to keep a December Daily album.  I had never done one before, and it was a bit of a ridiculous task to contemplate, since December is one of my busiest months (I'm a college professor, so December is spent creating and grading lots of final exams and papers).  But Ali Edwards made it look so simple and appealing, I decided to give it a try.  When all was said and done, I only completed 4 or 5 actual pages during December.  However, I took lots of photos and jotted down notes about daily events and happenings, so that when I *did* get some free time (i.e., my winter break from school, going on now!) I could put it together.  Right now I'm about half way finished.

I followed Ali's design fairly closely...I made a 6x8 album, with a two page spread for each day, and I relied heavily on her 2010 6x8 layered templates and overlays from Designer Digitals.

For the cover, I cut a piece of chipboard to 6x8 and covered it with Gesso.  I used some old KI Memories lace paper as a mask and sprayed with glimmer mist and used that for the inside cover.  I took the lace paper and adhered it to the other side of the chipboard for the outside cover. Colored Ali's December freebie with red stickles, and added it and a few die cut embellishments.  Done!


Here's the inside. Between each two-page spread, I included a transparency. I believe this one was from Fancy Pants.


I put a photo strip of a few favorite pictures on the title page (also a freebie from Ali):


Here's a close-up of the title page:


Thanks for looking! Coming soon, Days 1-5!

1 comment:

  1. This is an impressive undertaking! I'm in education too, so I know how busy December can be. Good for you for doing all the leg work...now you have the fun part!

    ReplyDelete