Sunday, January 9, 2011

Yesterday and Today

Happy New Year! Yes, I know I am a week late!  December was a whirlwind, between the end of the semester, the holidays, and a fun trip to California to visit my brother and his family.  Lucky for me, spring semester classes don't start until January 24th, so I still have two weeks to do as I please!

I'm currently taking Ali Edwards' "Yesterday and Today" class at Big Picture Classes. The assignment this week was to scan some "yesterday" photos and combine them with some "today" photos to create a title page for the album we are making.  Ali provided the design for the page, and here is what I came up with:


I'm really happy with the results. I need to remember to use enlarged photos on my layouts more often...I love the impact they have! The photos along the side are: 1) my mom and I as a newborn; 2) me as a toddler; 3) me at my high school graduation; 4) my husband and I this summer; 5) my niece and I over Christmas.  The large picture is from 1974, sitting on my dad's tractor in our front yard in Massachusetts.  I am thankful that my dad is/was a photography buff, so I have lots of pictures from my childhood...now I just need to scan all of them!

Coming soon...the results of my first ever December Daily album and photos I've been taking for Tracey Clark's "Picture Winter" Class, also at BPC.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the photos you chose for this layout, a nice variety for the start of a new album. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete