May is a whirlwind in my world, which accounts for my lack of blogging! As a professor, it's one of the busiest months with the end of the school year. Final exams to prepare and grade, along with stacks of papers to read and comment on. Lots of end of the year meetings, lunches, and dinners. Hooding and Commencement. Throw in three weekends of traveling, and you have a very crazy month!
Here are the highlights:
- A belated Valentine's present from my husband...a trip to Long Island for the Bon Jovi concert and a weekend at the local wineries.
|Jon shows he can still pull off a leather vest, 30 years later!|
|Third winery of the day = Happy Becca|
- My only crafting all month: Cards for Mother's Day. I donated a set of 8 similar cards to our Newcomers Club auction, and they sold for $50! All the proceeds go to local charities...in all the club raised over $5000 in less than three hours!
- A trip to my alma mater, Smith College, with one of my best girlfriends. We're planning our 20th reunion for next May, so we got to attend this year's festivities to get ideas.
|Ivy Day in the Quad|
|Friday night reception|
- My favorite "work" moment was when the two Honors Thesis students I supervised this semester presented their research projects. They did great, and Kristen was especially proud of the table she created!
- A trip to Tennessee to celebrate my brother in law's retirement from the air force (civil service). Wonderful time with family, followed by side trips to Nashville and Memphis. More on this in a later post!
|Hubby and I with "Jack Daniels"|
|On the steps of Graceland|
If I still have any readers out there, thanks for stopping by!