I am off of work for the next three months (woo hoo!) so I have lots of free time. I do have classes to prepare for the fall, and a few work related items to do, but luckily I can do that from the comfort of my own home (and avoid my 77 miles each way commute that I endure during the academic year). Here's what I'm looking forward to this summer, in no particular order):
- Stacy Julian's Finding Photo Freedom class at Big Picture Classes. It started on June 2nd, and I'm loving the new format.
- Trips to Dairy Queen!
- A trip to Salt Lake City, for an Association for Women in Psychology board meeting. Two days of hard work, with three nights of fun, feminist energy! And perhaps a side trip to a scrapbook store? Any recommendations?
- A three-generation girls' road trip with my mom and 14 year old niece. We're planning to hit Philadelphia, Baltimore, and DC to give California girl Sarah a taste of the East Coast. She and I will probably also do a day trip to NYC, minus grandma.
- Fresh strawberries
- A scrapbook retreat in Kentucky where I'll be meeting up with women I have "known" for over 4 years, but have never met in real life! Can't wait!
- Eating outside on on the deck.
- Reading for pleasure.
- Having the time to scrapbook more regularly. Maybe I'll finally finish my December Daily album! ;)
What are you looking forward to this summer?