Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Coming out of hibernation!

March 24th? Really, March 24th? I haven't blogged since March 24th??? Sigh.

I suppose I've been busy, but not so busy I couldn't compose a short post! Just haven't been feeling motivated I guess.

So, what have I been up to for the past 4 months?

I celebrated Easter in Washington, DC with some long lost relatives of my husband's. It was like the blind date of family visits, but we had a wonderful time!




I finished the spring semester...had some really challenging first year students that I was happy to say goodbye to! Had some wonderful upper-class women that I was sad to see graduate!

I coordinated and attended my 20th college reunion. The highlight, of course, was seeing my friends and meeting new women that I didn't know in college, but a close second was getting to hear Jane Lynch (of Glee fame) deliver the Commencement address.


Our view of Jane Lynch's speech, from the comfort of one of the residence hall living rooms!

I attended the funeral of a dear friend's mom who died unexpectedly, way too young. I am glad I got to visit with her the month before.

I reconnected with my best friend from high school, and met her two sweet kiddos.

I took a road trip to Pittsburgh to attend a professional meeting while my husband reconnected with his uncle.

I scrapbooked, but rarely from home! I went to several crops at my LSS and spent a weekend at the Scrapbook Expo in New Jersey with a couple of friends. My nieces remain my favorite scrapbooking topic!







I celebrated the 4th of July with a good friend in Plymouth, Mass (and found a few pictures for Rinda's scavenger hunt, but I am going to wait to share those until her link up party on August 4th!)



I spent a few days at the beach on Block Island, RI



I spent a weekend at my parents while my brother and his family were visiting from California. Happy fun times with my nieces, and the entire extended family.



I planned a two week camping trip to the National Parks out West...we plan to visit Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Yellowstone and several places in between! Wish us luck...it's been over 10 years since I've been tent camping! Can't wait...we leave soon!

Trial run of the new tent!
If I can figure out how to blog from the road, I'll try and post about our trip. Be sure to check back on Saturday for my contribution to Rinda's scavenger hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment