Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pretty Paper Party

One of my goals while I am on sabbatical (besides the "real" work that I need to do!) is to catch up on many of the online scrapbooking classes I have signed up for over the years and never finished. First on my list is Shimelle's "Pretty Paper Party."




When it first ran, all I managed to do was look at the prompts....never made an actual layout! Luckily for me, a group of Shimelle diehards organized a "re-do" of this class. One of the first tasks was to take a photo of our paper stash.
Three of these cropper hoppers hold my patterned paper sorted by manufacturer, another holds patterned paper sorted by theme, and two hold cardstock sorted by color. The final two hold specialty paper (like stick back canvas) and page kits from various scrapbook expos.

This old photo box holds my collection of 6x6 pads.
Not pictured is my small collection of 8 1/2 x 11 papers and my container of scraps.

For our first layout, Shimelle challenged us to make a page using strips of patterned paper. Here's what I came up with (a scraplift of one of Shimelle's layouts).
 
All of the flower and letter stickers and most of the patterned paper here is from Basic Grey's Sweet Threads line, although the orange print is from deep in my stash of scraps...anyone remember Romani? All of the paper came from scraps I had saved.  
Overall I am happy with how this turned out. Now on  to Prompt 2! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors and the flowers. Are they fussy cut? What gorgeous pp's and a lovely photo. I too am so glad the class is running again! I did pretty good the first time, but I've been in a slump since the holidays and I want to get back into the groove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Yes, the two big flowers are fussy cut...the rest are from a coordinating sticker sheet. Thanks for stopping by...see you in class!

      Delete
  2. I got an email from Shimelle that she's supporting everyone getting back to this class - I think that's so cool!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about getting some of those online classes done. I love Shimelle's classes, and I have been trying to get back to her Remix class. She had lots of good information and plenty of inspiration in that class :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete