Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Counterfeit Kit

It's been a while since I've played along with the ladies at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. I love the concept, and enjoyed the kits I have made in the past, so after coming off a successful Layout a Day challenge in May, I thought I would try to keep the scrappy momentum going!

This month, the challenge was to create a kit inspired by one of these from Scraptastic.

http://www.scraptasticclub.com/collections/previous-kits/products/may-2013-after-the-storm-kit
-or-

http://www.scraptasticclub.com/collections/previous-kits/products/may-2013-destination-unknown-kit

I loved the blue, green, and yellow color combo of the first kit, but I don't have many of those colors in my stash, so I opted to counterfeit the second kit.

I didn't have any of the exact papers in my stash, other than a 6x6 pad of Amy Tangerine "Yes Please", but I had just picked up some new Echo Park "A Perfect Summer" which had a similar color scheme and overall feel. So for my papers, I went with three sheets from that collection, and mixed in some older papers by Jillibean Soup, Echo Park, and American Crafts.

A Sides
B sides
I don't use much cardstock these days, so I included just two sheets of white, one yellow, and one blue. I also threw in a bunch of scraps of patterned paper strips in shades of green, yellow, orange, and pink, as well as the entire 6x6 Yes Please pad. This should come in handy for making embellishments.


I tried not to go too crazy with embellishments, as I just don't use that many on my pages. I picked some Amy Tangerine tags, Hero Arts gems and pearls, Studio Calico wood veneer hearts and arrows, a cute glassine bag I received with an ATC swap, a roll of pink washi, and assorted summery die cuts.



I wanted some variety for my titles, so I selected an old sheet of Basic Grey (Urban Prairie) letter stickers, some old Echo Park (Country Drive), new corkboard Thickers, and some old Basic Grey chipboard letters. 


Here is the finished kit, all bagged up and ready to go! Time to make a page!



Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. I love your kit it's fabulous. The colours just pop. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh smashing kit!! I love everything but especially the papers....sheer perfection :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lovely kit and your alphas make me green with envy.Good luck with your mojo finding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful kit!! Looking forward to seeing all the scrappy goodness that comes from this bit of lovely =)

    Blessings to you ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the papers you put in your kit. I like lots of alphas too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours and those wood chip arrows are lush :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great kit - I approve of including lots of alphas and love those rainbow strips. Looking forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I am loving your kit, can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is great! so many lovely things in there that I know that I would love creating with it

    ReplyDelete