Thursday, July 8, 2010

Library of Memories Community: Weekly Challenge #1

The new Library of Memories Community on Big Picture Scrapbooking kicked off last week.  Stacy Julian started us off with this challenge, in honor of the 4th of July: "Create a Storage Binder layout with red, white and You. Yes, this means there needs to be a photo of you on the page. You can add some blue too -- or any other color you like!"

I flipped through my storage binder of childhood photos and was reminded of an idea I have had for a while to make a layout about my neices and myself all playing on the same rocking horse (at different times of course!).  I've always held off on this  layout because one of the photos I have of my neice, although digital, was sent in a really small format and gets fuzzy when enlarged.  I finally decided just to keep it small, and use an 8 1/2 x 11 sketch from Cathy Zielske's Design Your Life class at BPS. Here is the result:




Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love making a page with photos that span the years, yet include one common thread. Makes for a special memory. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog and for having a link to it on your blog. The separate heading for LOM blogs is a great idea!

    We live in Ann Arbor, so not close to any of the Great Lakes. We love to travel to either side of the state and visit the many lighthouses.

    ReplyDelete